Destination Weddings in Cape Town – South Africa
13 April, 2015
By Runaway Romance
Cape Town, known affectionately as ‘the mother city’ is by far the most popular tourist destination of the three main cities for weddings in South Africa. It is as rich in historical value as it is in modern design and flare. Loved locally for its wine farms, fine dining and incredible natural beauty.
I have listed some of the area’s best assets and some points to ponder to help ignite your wild Africa romance.
Cape Town’s Best Assets
* White beaches, distinct ‘veld’ vegetation and terrain give Cape Town a distinct natural look and feel. This city is home to the seventh natural wonder of the world – Table Mountain.
* Very geared to tourism with lots of tours and easy to use public transport. Public transport in other South African cities is not well established so generally a hired car is a must.
* The Cape is home to the majority of our wine farms. So if you are looking for a 5 star wedding in the vineyards, this is your destination.
September and October are special months for the Cape as you will see the flowers and the whales emerge to celebrate spring.
Points To Ponder When Planning a Destination Wedding in Cape Town
* Because it is a more tourist orientated city, prices on the main streets or popular venues can be slightly higher. You will also need to book in advance for popular wedding venues.
* July and August are traditionally the windiest and wettest months for the Cape.
About the Author
Runaway Romance is an alternative to the hype, cost and pressure of typical wedding ‘productions’. As a boutique wedding planning service based in South Africa, Rebecca and her team focus on creating unique romantic memories in the form of elopements, small weddings, proposals, engagements and anniversaries. Runaway Romance’s services range from basic concept design and initial planning, through to full service coordination including pre-wedding travel, vendor selection, event styling & design and day-of coordination. Rebecca encourages travel and adventure and recognizes that every celebration is different, so get in touch to discuss your ideas and let Runaway Romance craft your very own romantic South African experience.
All Images By: Niki M Photography